Tuesday, 20 September 2011

At the county fair

On Saturday we made an outing to the Newbury Agricultural Show for the first time, and what a day it was! Never have I seen so many lovely animal-based activities in one place! I took so many pictures of gorgeous animals that I had to share some; as you can see, they definitely made the showery weather worth braving!

The live animals were joined by the stuffed kind...
I found out that ferrets are much cuter and less vicious than I'd heard! Aw...
There was a multitude of beautiful horses and vintage carts.
Swathes of bright flowers.
Adorable animals.
An egg competition. What else?
Countryside crafts.
And some elegant vintage items:
I loved the ensemble on this man - by far the best-dressed person there!

4 comments:

The Cat Hag said...

Your photos are awesome, and how cute and sweet is that little ferret lying so snugly along your arm! :)


xoxo,
Addie
The Cat Hag

Suzi A said...

I'm glad you like them! The ferret turned out to be gorgeous, after I thought it might bite! Lovely :)

Whyte Fairy said...

"she'll be surely there, so I'll dress in my Sunday clothes" ?

Love the old man!

<3 Ferrets! My mum's friend had three and we would occasionally watch them. (In the bathtub. Safest place. They can't get out!) If it weren't for the stink I'd get one of my own!

Suzi A said...

I want one! Had no idea they were so cute. Maybe outdoor runs are the way to go - they would have to fight for space with the chickens and goat I want though...